Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pass2Pub 2013

This years Pass2Pub was looking like it was going to be another great event run by Chris and the team at Special events.  While travelling down South to get to the start we encountered a few drizzly patches so a good warm up was required to get the blood flowing in the old pins before kick off!
After a good miss-clip at the start (must of been a good bit of moisture on my pedal I reckon!) I quickly shot up to speed and was up to the front to lead the pack.  A drop down the paddock and through a fence and we were battling up the first climb off the race.  I wanted to start hard so got the lungs burning in the cold temperature we were competing in.  The race shortly showed who had what it took and Logan Horn and myself were smacking along the farm tracks.  Being a fast point to point event neither of us got away but we were able to work together and push ourselves for a good time in the conditions we had.  We came along the final stretch of road, up the final climb and through some rough paddocks and riverbed and it was all on for the sprint!  I lead early but Logan came around me on the corner leading onto the tarmac and had a powerful grunt to the line, a bit stronger than what I was able to throw at it so it was a good second place for me.  Well done to Logan, great race and well deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment